Our vision is to make Greater Manchester the safest, most effective place to receive medicines and treatments.
The next meetings are:
|Group||Meeting date||Deadline to submit papers||Route to submit papers|
|GMMMG||14th December||4th December||Please use front sheet and sub-committee summary report template available here|
|CRG||12th December||1st December||Please use submission forms available for the formulary and RAG list, as applicable|
The aim of the Greater Manchester Medicines Management Group (GMMMG) is to support the commissioning of patient orientated outcomes and packages of care, by viewing medicines and treatments as an investment in improving health and wellbeing rather than a cost.
- Make recommendations to ensure that the most appropriate choice of clinically and cost effective medicines are used to meet the needs of the GM population.
- Support and engage with the public, patients, commissioners and clinicians to reduce the inappropriate use of medicines.
- Set high quality standards; monitor and report against standards with the aim of to reducing unwarranted clinical variation.
- Support GM organisations to identify unwarranted variation locally, promoting quality improvement with better utilisation of data and analytics and sharing of best practice between organisations.
- Oversee a Greater Manchester Joint formulary, manage the introduction of new drugs, define safe prescribing practices and work with other stakeholders to facilitate the development and implementation of evidence based treatment pathways.
The GMMMG work plan is facilitated and supported by the Regional Drug & Therapeutics Centre in Newcastle and the Greater Manchester Joint Commissioning Team.