On behalf of the GMMMG Clinical Reference Group, we now seek comments on the actions proposed at the February 2023 CRG meeting.
Actions in this consultation include:
- Upadacitinib for moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis, as recommended in NICE TA856, to be RED.
- Maribavir for refractory cytomegalovirus infection after transplant, as recommended in NICE TA860, to be RED.
- Preparations of Insuman which are scheduled for discontinuation in 2023 to be removed from formulary. Humulin I will replace Insuman Basal as the first choice isophane insulin.
- Metformin 1g immediate-release tablets added to DNP list (criterion 2: Products which are clinically effective but where more cost-effective products are available, including products that have been subject to excessive price inflation).
- Colesevelam 625mg tablets and colestyramine 4g oral powder for CVD prevention in hyperlipidaemia to be GREEN (specialist advice) and GREY (criterion 1): for use when there is no alternative treatment option due to intolerance, or ineligibility for PCSK9i or Inclisiran treatment.
- Potassium permanganate 400mg tablets for solution to be RED.
- Morphine sulphate orodispersible tablets added to formulary as an alternative to morphine sulphate oral solution 10mg/5mL and morphine sulphate tablets, with a RAG status of GREEN.
- Trifarotene 50 microgram/g cream for acne to be GREEN
- IQoro neuromuscular training device for stroke-related dysphagia, hiatus hernia and other indications to be DNP for all indications.
All links to MHRA drug safety updates will be added to formulary as appropriate.
To take part in this consultation, visit the consultations page. The consultation period is open until 5pm on Thursday 30th March 2023.