On behalf of the GMMMG Clinical Reference Group, we now seek comments on the actions proposed at the June 2022 CRG meeting.
Actions in this consultation include:
- Minoxidil foam to be DNP, and formulary updated to clarify that other topical minoxidil preparations are not prescribable
- Lixisenatide to be removed from formulary following discontinuation of initiation packs
- Romosozumab for severe osteoporosis to be RED, and added to formulary as a first line anabolic treatment alongside teriparatide
- Selumetinib for symptomatic and inoperable plexiform neurofibromas to be RED
- Links to NICE clinical guidance on baricitinib for COVID-19 to be added to formulary in chapters 10 & 13.
- Epiduo gel: strength to be removed from formulary, to align with primary care dermatology acne pathway
- Brand name and formulation for topical calcipotriol / betamethasone to be removed from formulary, and replaced with a statement that prescribers should choose the most cost-effective option.
- Formulary restriction to macrogol 3350 to be removed, replaced with a statement that prescribers should choose the most cost-effective macrogol formulations.
To take part in this consultation, visit the consultations page. The consultation period is open until 5pm on Thursday 28th July 2022