On behalf of the GMMMG Clinical Reference Group, we now seek comments on the actions proposed at their November 2023 meeting. Actions in this consultation include:
- Carbimazole 10mg & 15mg tablets – Do Not Prescribe (criterion 2)
- Acetylcysteine 600mg effervescent tablets to be GREEN and first choice mucolytic for people with COPD. Carbocisteine 375mg capsules to be GREEN, and placed as an alternative choice.
- Bimekizumab for psoriatic arthritis and axial spondyloarthritis – RED
- Rimegepant for treating migraine – GREEN following specialist advice.
- Tofacitinib for ankylosing spondylitis – RED
- Daridorexant for long-term insomnia – to add to formulary as a GREEN or GREEN following specialist advice medicine in this indication.
- Tirzepatide for type 2 diabetes – GREEN
- Mirikizumab for ulcerative colitis – RED
- Baricitinib for alopecia areata – Do Not Prescribe (criterion 1) in this indication
All links to NICE clinical guidelines and MHRA drug safety updates will be added to formulary as appropriate.
The consultation will run for six weeks and closes at 5pm on Friday 29th December 2023. To take part, visit the consultations page.