On behalf of the GMMMG Clinical Reference Group, we now seek comments on the actions proposed at the September 2021 CRG meeting.
Actions in this consultation include:
- Insulin degludec for T1DM and T2DM: to be GREEN following specialist initiation and GREY (criterion 3)
- Dapsone 50mg & 100mg tablets as second line option for Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) prophylaxis to be GREEN following specialist initiation
- Isoniazid 100mg tablets for TB prophylaxis in renal patients considered to be at high risk of developing TB to be GREEN following specialist initiation
- Duloxetine 90mg & 120mg capsules to be GREEN and GREY (criterion 2), only to be used where the prescriber believes that patient’s pill burden is high enough to justify the extra cost associated with the use of these formulations.
- The following NICE guidelines will be added to formulary:
- NICE NG201: antenatal care
- NICE NG202: obstructive sleep apnoea/hypopnoea syndrome and obesity hypoventilation syndrome in over 16s
- NICE NG203: Chronic kidney disease: assessment and management
To take part in this consultation, visit the consultations page. This consultation period is open until 5pm Tuesday 2nd November 2021