Following approval by CRG, GMMMG, and the Greater Manchester ICS Clinical Effectiveness and Governance Committee, the following decisions have been approved and published:
- Ranibizumab biosimilar added to formulary as RED and made first choice anti-VEGF-A treatment for NICE-approved indications. An updated GM macular pathway is also expected.
- Faricimab added to formulary as RED for diabetic macular oedema and wet age-related macular degeneration.
- Adaflex tablets added to formulary as first choice option for melatonin.
- Mexiletine capsules added to formulary as RED for life-threatening ventricular arrhythmias.
- Filgotinib added to formulary as RED for moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis.
- Diroximel fumarate added to formulary as RED for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.
- Teduglutide added to formulary as RED for short bowel syndrome.
The formulary has also been updated to reflect relevant NICE guidelines and safety alerts. For full details please see the formulary change log, which is available on the formulary page.
For more information on these and other decisions, please see GMMMG decision summaries.