In response to the National supply shortage of prescribed medication for ADHD, a GM task and finish group led the development of the following supporting guidance:
- National Supply Shortage of prescribed medication for ADHD – A Guide for Secondary Care
- GM Pathway for the management of patients prescribed medicines for ADHD during the national shortage – primary care guidance
- Patient information – “National Supply Shortage of your prescribed medication for ADHD”
This guidance is now available through the GMMMG website here.
Thanks go to the GM working group who developed this guidance who are detailed below. Also to GMMMG and the wider GM pharmacy and medicines system for supporting this accelerated development and approval process to enable the rapid dissemination of this information intended to support patients through this medicines shortage. Please cascade this information across your systems.
GM task and finish group:
– Sana Alam – Senior Clinical Pharmacist |Lead CAMHS Pharmacist (GMMH)
– Arifa Azmi – Clinical Pharmacist CAMHS/Antimicrobial and Infection Control (Pennine Care)
– Khadija Mansoorali – Paediatric Mental Health Pharmacist (MFT)
– Nicola Smith – Senior Medicines Optimisation Pharmacist (Trafford)
– Zoe Paine – Senior Medicines Optimisation Pharmacist – Women and Children Lead (Manchester)
– Leigh Lord – Head of Medicines Optimisation and Governance (MFT)
– Jennifer Seal – Senior Medicines Optimisation Pharmacist (Bury)