Following the December meetings of GMMMG and CEGC, the following actions have been published to the GMMMG website.
Updates to guidelines include:
Formulary and RAG updates include:
- Apixaban – first choice DOAC in non-valvular atrial fibrillation
- Luforbec MDI replaces Fostair MDI as an alternative choice for asthma and COPD
- DNP entry for herbal medicines updated to include other natural products
- Cipaglucosidase alfa added to the RAG list as RED
Links to NICE guidance and MHRA safety advice added as appropriate. For full details of formulary and RAG updates, see the formulary change log available on the formulary page.
The following decisions await approval by the GM ICB Executive:
- Tadalafil once daily 5mg tablets for erectile dysfunction to be removed from DNP list